Wednesday, August 12, 2009

St. George

I took a trip to Utah this summer-just me and the kids! It was kind of funny because after driving about 2 hours Aaron calls me up and told me that a member of the Stake Presidency wants to meet with us. Since I was just leaving we didn't meet with him until the following next Sunday. They called Aaron to be the first counselor in the Bishopric. (Maybe I should have stay down there longer..He! He!) Sunday was his first real day on the job.. he left for Bishopric meeting at 7 and didn't get home that night until 10. Needless to say it was a LONG day, but its all good!!! Sarah was the same age that Ryan is when he got called as the 2nd counselor in Spanish Fork. So its bringing lots of memories back. Anyway, back to my trip...I left July 23 just in time for the big 24th of July Parade. My mom and I took the kids to it! They loved all the wonderful floats. Then a few days later we went to the Condo in St. George. My sister, Erin brought her 5 kids and my brother, Jeremy and his wife stopped by for a day on his way back from California. It was fun for Ryan to see his cousin, Jonah who is 2 weeks older then Ryan. But Ryan towered over him. I think Ryan got some tall genes from Great Grandpa Wright who was 6ft 8 inches. Ryan is a year and weighs 28 lbs and is 34 inches long. I have a hurt shoulder from carrying him around. It was fun to see the kids play with their cousins. We ended with a family Reunion in Heber.. To bad I had to leave early for the INTERVIEW.... But we had a Wonderful Trip! It was fun spending time with my sweet mom!

2 comments:

Robinson Family said...

Wow, you'll be busy. Congrats Aaron, and I feel for you sitting alone at church. I love reading about your family. Carley started kindergarten yesterday. I remembered how we registered our boys together. I also run into your old neighbor once in a while, although last time we drove by there they were selling their house. Anyway, I hope you're doing well. Did you get my email to invite you to join our blog (maybe you're email changed)? Let me know if I need to send another one.

Holly said...

Fun:) I went to Utah on the 22nd-just in time to celebrate pioneer day too!
I want to see more pictures!
Hope you are all doing good!!