Tonight Sarah lost one of her front teeth. Which made me sad because once they loose their front teeth they seem so much older and I would really like her to stay 5 years old forever. It is such a sweet innocent age. Loosing teeth in the Christensen house is quite the dramatic experience. When Tyler was little we had him pinned to the ground as one of us held him down and the other tried to grab the tooth, but instead it fell back in his mouth and he swallowed it. From that point on we decided that we would let our children pull their own teeth out. Sarah has been working on this tooth for weeks. She finally got to the point where she had turned her tooth a complete 360 and then back to a 180 and it was still was hanging on. I looked in her mouth to find a tooth that was completely sideways. (I tried not to act completely disgusted, but I pretty much was) At that point when she looked in the mirror to find a crooked tooth she started freaking out. Finally she decided to build the courage and pull it out. I was so proud I could cry. But I was brave and tried to hold my compose.... Tyler sad outside the bathroom and said.. "This is so Dramatic". I looked at him and thought, This is only the beginning.
Friday, April 2, 2010
Front tooth!
Tonight Sarah lost one of her front teeth. Which made me sad because once they loose their front teeth they seem so much older and I would really like her to stay 5 years old forever. It is such a sweet innocent age. Loosing teeth in the Christensen house is quite the dramatic experience. When Tyler was little we had him pinned to the ground as one of us held him down and the other tried to grab the tooth, but instead it fell back in his mouth and he swallowed it. From that point on we decided that we would let our children pull their own teeth out. Sarah has been working on this tooth for weeks. She finally got to the point where she had turned her tooth a complete 360 and then back to a 180 and it was still was hanging on. I looked in her mouth to find a tooth that was completely sideways. (I tried not to act completely disgusted, but I pretty much was) At that point when she looked in the mirror to find a crooked tooth she started freaking out. Finally she decided to build the courage and pull it out. I was so proud I could cry. But I was brave and tried to hold my compose.... Tyler sad outside the bathroom and said.. "This is so Dramatic". I looked at him and thought, This is only the beginning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
My goodness! We are getting old Em! Our kids are losing their teeth. We are going to be next. :) Sara is so cute. Savannah is waiting her turn to lose her first tooth. So fun
Post a Comment