Sunday, March 28, 2010

Saturday Fun Day!





It seems like with all the sickness and injuries we have had in our home we were ready to have a Family Fun Day! My friend once told me that every Saturday they have Family Fun day. It is a day filled with fun activities they do as a family. After the kids finished their Saturday jobs we dyed Easter Eggs. Ryan was into throwing the eggs rather then coloring them. That was entertaining. A few weeks ago we let the kids go to Walmart and choose a $1.00 kite. I have decided that flying kites is such a fun thing to do with kids. It's so magical to them! I love it! Even Ryan flew his own kite. After the kite flying festivity we decided to go across the street and have a bon fire. The only problems we encountered was lighting a fire to roast the hot dogs. After an hour of a lot of wood and work we all formed a line to block the wind. And sure enough we started a fire. By then we were all so hungry we ate the hot dogs right up. It sure was a fun day! A little warmer weather would have been nice, but well take what we can get!

3 comments:

Erin Brockbank Cox said...

That looks like so much fun.. saturday fun day..hmm...need to try that someday! ;)
What cute pictures!

krista said...

I'm all teary eyed reading about Tylers baptism and seeing your cute family flying kites, I miss you !! I love the picture of the kids flying kites with the barn in the background:) It was so good to talk to you awhile back, maybe we'll meet up in Montana soon!! love ya:)

kim and morgan said...

Oh that barn makes me happy. It makes me miss Lewisburg, where we use to live. Country life is amazing isn't it? I'm so happy you guys are doing well. Seeing Aaron makes me miss him too. Happy Easter