Saturday, April 25, 2009

Gospel Sing

Every month in Townsend different churches get together to have a gospel sing. Tonight it was at our church. They have a program from volunteers that want to sing. They also pick random songs for all of us to sing. The lady in charge of it just got baptized in January, she used to be a member of the Methodist church. Since it was at our church this time we sang a lot of songs from the Hymn book. It was so neat to be at our church with so many people of all religions singing songs like- Come, Come Ye Saints, Sweet Hour of Prayer, Redeemer of Isreal. The last song was God be with you 'til we meet again. My friends little boy sang I am a child of God. It was so cute! Sarah asked the lady in charge if she could sing at the next one. She wants to sing, I lived in Heaven a Long Time Ago! It was a good opprutunity to meet many others from different Faiths. (Being from Utah I didn't see this much, since almost everyone is Mormon!)

3 comments:

Erin Brockbank Cox said...

SHOUT AMEN...HALLALUJUA...
Sounds like fun, I wanna come. By the way, way to go on keeping up with your blog, you go girl!

kim and morgan said...

Emmer! Sounds like fun. And I am amazed that I am just now finding out about your blog. I am sad that we are just now connecting. Mine is private, but I will send you an invite. Yahoo! One more way to keep tabs on you!

Anonymous said...

Very cute blog, I'm glad I have another blogging buddy!